City of Clarkston - Georgia - where possibilities grow


where possibilities grow

Q. I was issued a ticket from a Clarkston police officer. What should I do?
A. There is a scheduled court date and time indicated on the citation. This is your arraignment date. You will be asked to enter a plea at that time. Please be on time for your appointed court date as the judge will give you valuable information concerning your pleas and fines, etc. at the opening of the court session.

Quality of Life Commonly Asked Questions

Q. What is a Quality of Life Officer?
A. A quality of life officer is a municipal officer who interprets and enforces the municipal code of ordinances. Specific area of expertise includes: zoning regulations; building; housing; environmental and property maintenance.Q. What does a Quality of Life Officer do?
A. Patrol’s the residential and commercial areas in an effort to provide proactive enforcement through performing site inspections to determine if a violation exists and responding through appropriate actions. In addition to proactive enforcement, QOL Officer Patrol’s residential and commercial areas in response to written complaints received regarding potential violations. All written complaints are followed up with site inspections and appropriate actions.  

Public Works  FAQ
Q. How do I report a street sign, right-of-way maintenance, park or storm water related issue?
A. The most effective way to report an issue is through our (automated reporting system in process), Alternatively, you may call 404-296-6489 Please provide as much information as you can about the location with either exact addresses or nearest cross street. The more information you are able to give us, the more likely it is that we can locate the issue and correct it in a timely manner.


How do I contact the Police Department?
In an emergency, dial 911 from any phone within the City. This number applies for any emergency--police, fire, or emergency medical services (EMS).


How many officers are in the Department?
The Department currently has 18full time officers, 35 reserve officers and 4 civilian employees.

I would like to ride along with a police officer. How do I sign up?
Residents who want to ride along with a police officer may obtain a ride along application from the police department. Once it is completed and turned in at the Police Department, an Officer will contact you to set up a date and time for this worthwhile experience.

You are here: About FAQ's