What's it like to live in Clarkston?
|Median household income||$40,940||$48,642||$50,935|
|Median home price||$79,500||$110,000||$152,300|
|Cost of living (% of national avg)||88%||92%||100%|
|Days per year with some sun: 216|
|Days per year with some precipitation: 108|
|Population: 7,554 (2010)|
|Males: 3,723 (49.3%)|
|Females: 3,831 (50.7%)|
|Median resident age: 29.5 years|
|Georgia median age: 40.0 years|
Security Experts SafeWise List Clarkston among the 50 Safest Cities in Georgia
Interesting Facts About the City of Clarkston
- 21 miles away from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- Convenient access to MARTA Public Transporation
- "TIME magazine called Clarkston the most diverse square mile in America and it has also been written about in best selling books like What is the What and Outcasts United: An American Town, a Refugee Team, and One Woman's Quest to Make a Difference." –Global Frontier Mission
- "The origin of the City of Clarkston can be traced back to the 1830s, when Georgia Railroad constructed a rail line through the area. It connected the merchants of Athens with the outlets in South Carolina and Augusta. The community was originally named 'New Siding', in honor of Jake New, who was a section foreman working for the Georgia Railroad. The city of Clarkston was officially incorporated into the state in the year 1882. It was named 'Clarkston' in honor of W. W. Clark, a Director of the Georgia Railroad and the Covington Railroad."
- 31.8% of population is foreign born
- #11 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of males in occupations: Physicians and surgeons (population 5,000+)"
- #7 on the list of "Top 101 cities with largest percentage of females working in industry: Broadcasting and telecommunications (population 5,000+)"
- Roughly 75% of the population is under the age of 40
- Roughly 60% of Homes in Clarkston were built in the 1970's and 1980's
- The median home cost in Clarkston is $79,500. Home appreciation the last year has been -6.80 percent.
- Clarkston public schools spend $7,286 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $5,691. There are about 13.1 students per teacher in Clarkston.
- 111 Miles from the Georgia Guidestones!
- 60 Languages spoken in a 1.1 square mile, That's a new language every 100 sq ft!