Restaurants and Packages Sale Businesses that want to sell and serve beer, wine or distilled spirits in the City of Clarkston are required to obtain a City of Clarkston alcohol license. Please submit the completed Alcohol Beverage License Application and all required supplemental materials (as detailed in the checklist) in person to the Reception Desk located 3921 Church Street, Clarkston, GA 30021.
In all cases, businesses must also obtain a State Alcohol License through the Georgia Department of Revenue.
How to apply for an Alcohol License
- All businesses must first obtain an Occupational Tax Certificate from the City of Clarkston.
- Applicant must complete the Alcohol License Application and submit to the Reception Desk, completed and notarized, with an application payment.
- The Business will undergo verification of Occupational Business License as well as status of any fees or taxes due to the City.
- A background investigation is required on all owners and managers by the Clarkston Police Department.
- Alcohol Handling Permits are required on all employees who serve, sell or handle alcohol.
- The completed application is reviewed by the ARC (Alcohol Review Committee) for submission to the City Council for final approval at the next City Council Meeting. Applicants are asked to attend.
City of Clarkston Alcohol Beverage Licenses are issued in accordance with regulations and requirements outlined in Chapter 3 of the Clarkston Code of Ordinances
Renewing your Alcohol license
LICENSES MUST BE RENEWED ANNUALLY
If you already have a City of Clarkston Alcohol License, you will receive renewal applications in October to renew for the following year. Paperwork will be due back to the City by December 15th of each year.
The employees of each establishment must ALL have current permits on file with the Clarkston City Hall before a renewal license will be issued.
Additional Information for Alcohol Privilege Licenses
Alcohol Handling Permits
Every employee who will handle or serve alcohol in restaurants or packages sale businesses will be required to obtain an alcohol handling permit.
Application must be made in person, to the City of Clarkston Police Department, Municipal Courts, 3921 Church Street, Clarkston, GA 30021, (404) 292-9465.
Hours: 9:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. Monday through Friday
Applicants will need to complete and pass a backgorund check. Permits are issued for a charge of $50.
No Alcohol Handling Permit is required for employees of grocery or convenience stores where less than 10% of the store sales arise from sales of alcoholic beverages.
NOTE: Alcohol pouring permits are only valid within the City limits of Clarkston and the business must have a valid Alcohol Privilege License.
A state license must be obtained before any alcoholic beverages can be served or sold in the City of Clarkston. Contact the Georgia Department of Revenue at (404) 417-4902
Download, Print and fill out Alcohol Application here