*End date: Open until all positions are filled*
All Clarkston police officers are responsible for the following:
- Assist fellow officers with interdepartmental tasks and city-related activities
- Perform rescues
- Provide direction and information to the general public
- Resolve disputes and deter community criminal activity
- Compile reports
- Prepare cases for trial
- Attend court appearances
- Properly maintain and update records
- Consistently work to achieve the highest level of cooperation
- Make sure he/she performs effectively and efficiently to uphold City of Clarkston law
All officers operate on 12-hour work shifts.
- Routinely detect and deter criminal activity and traffic violations in the City of Clarkston
- Respond to domestic disputes, assaults, burglaries, traffic disruptions, lost or missing persons searches, public service responsibilities, and stranded motorists, among many others.
- Consistently enforce Federal, State, and local law via arrests
- Protect civil rights of those in custody
- Issue traffic and parking warnings and citations to enforce the law
- Routinely inspect roadways, bridges, and traffic signs/signals, reporting hazardous conditions accordingly
- Investigate accidents and other incidents by interviewing victims, witnesses, and compliance, gathering any pertinent information and securing the scene
- Detain, arrest, and process offenders and fugitives, summoning witnesses
- Assist other officers whenever necessary
- Provide CPR and first-aid services to victims as needed
- Provide traffic direction for parades, funerals, sports events, and school crossings, among others
- Present evidence in testimony in courts of law
- Prosecute felony and misdemeanor cases
- Properly complete all required reports and forms, including incident reports
- Inspect and maintain their assigned car and uniform in accordance with departmental procedure
- Serve criminal and traffic warrants on misdemeanor and felony suspects
- Complete all required training
- Complete required community projects
- High school diploma or valid equivalent
- Associate’s degree or two (2) years relevant college coursework
- Valid GA driver’s license
- US Citizenship
- At least 21 years of age
Georgia P.O.S.T. Certified applicants will be preferred.
Each applicant must successfully complete the pre-employment process, which includes:
- Oral interview
- Background check
- Criminal record and traffic history check
- Medical and drug screening
- Polygraph evaluation and/or voice stress
- Police Academy completion
We are looking for an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yearly salary and bonuses
Currently offering signing bonus.
- Entry level/POST Academy training: $39,520
- Certified (POST) Police Officer: $43,680 starting (12-hour shifts)
- Signing bonus for Georgia Certified Officers: $3,000
- Signing bonus for non-certified applicants: $1,000
Police Officer applications will be accepted until all Clarkston Police Department positions are filled.
Click here to apply now.
If you’d like to apply, you must complete a Clarkston Police Application packet to be considered.